OAKLAND, Calif., May 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Pandora (NYSE: P), the leading internet radio service, announced today that a dedicated hub-page for NBC's "Toyota Concert Series on TODAY" is now live on Pandora. The hub-page can be found at www.pandora.com/NBCToday and offers even more ways for fans of the TODAY show's concerts to connect with the music they love. Key features of the hub include three summertime branded radio stations that highlight the artists scheduled to perform on New York's Rockefeller Plaza this summer, launch buttons for artist-specific stations and the summer's full concert schedule.
The line-up includes a range of performers to suit the tastes of all kinds of music fans. The three dedicated branded radio stations on Pandora will highlight favorite tracks from the various performers, including:
- NBC "Today" Country, featuring musicians such as The Band Perry, Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band and more.
- NBC "Today" Rock, featuring artists such as Train, Maroon 5 and more.
- NBC "Today" Pop, featuring hits from Usher, Pitbull, Justin Bieber, Flo Rida, Hot Chelle Rae, Jason Mraz and more.
This season's concert series kicks-off on May 18 with a performance by Usher on Rockefeller Plaza. The schedule, with more dates to be announced, will include:
- 18: Usher #UsherTODAY
- 25: Pitbull #PitbullTODAY
- 31: American Idol winner and runner up (special Thursday concert) #IdolTODAY
- 1: The Band Perry #BandPerryTODAY
- 8: Chris Brown #ChrisBrownTODAY
- 15: Justin Bieber #BieberTODAY
- 22: Kenny Chesney #ChesneyTODAY
- 29: Maroon 5 #Maroon5TODAY
- 6: Flo Rida #Only1FloTODAY
- 13: Zac Brown Band #ZacBrownTODAY
- 20: Hot Chelle Rae #HCRTODAY
- 24: Train #TrainTODAY
- 31: Jason Mraz with special guest Christina Perri #MrazTODAY
Pandora (NYSE: P) gives people music they love anytime, anywhere, through connected devices. (OK, we've added comedy as well so we're also up for playing some jokes you'll love.) Personalized stations launch instantly with the input of a single "seed" - a favorite artist, song or genre. The Music Genome Project®, a deeply detailed hand-built musical taxonomy, powers the personalization of Pandora® internet radio by using musicological "DNA" and constant listener feedback to craft personalized stations from a growing collection of hundreds of thousands of recordings. Tens of millions of people in the U.S. turn on Pandora to hear music they love. www.pandora.com
For over 60 years, TODAY has been a cornerstone in morning news spending 16 years as America's top rated morning news program. This is the longest-running current winning streak in all of broadcast television. Matt Lauer, Ann Curry, Al Roker and Natalie Morales are co-anchors of TODAY. Savannah Guthrie serves as a co- host of the third hour, and Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb are the co-hosts of the fourth hour of TODAY. Jim Bell is the executive producer of TODAY, Monday through Friday 7-11 a.m. More information about TODAY and the concert series can be found at TODAY.com.
Mollie Starr of Pandora Communications and Public Relations, +1-510-842-6996, firstname.lastname@example.org or Dominic Paschel of Pandora Corporate Finance and Investor Relations, +1-510-842-6960, email@example.com